Baked Cinnamon Stuffed Apples
Written by: Bonnie Wilson, MS, RDN, LDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
4 Golden Delicious or McIntosh apples, cored
½ of lemon (juiced)
6 tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
¼ cup oatmeal, dry
2 tablespoons margarine
¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle lemon juice over apples.
- In a small bowl, mix together Splenda, oatmeal, margarine and pecans.
- Stuff each apple with ¼ cup of the oat mixture.
- Place apples in baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let apples cool after removing from the oven, then cut into servings (1/2 apple). Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 apple
Calories: 145, Fat: 5g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Fiber: 3g, Sodium: 25mg
The holiday season is often filled with lots of tempting desserts. Try these baked apples for a healthy treat this winter. The whole family will love them!