Grab-and-Go Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
Written by: Doris Nicolas-Mir, MPH, RDN, LDN, CDE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
1- 32 oz. container of regular or Greek vanilla yogurt
1 ½ cups frozen mixed berries
6 dessert bowls or glass jars with lids
1 ½ cups of granola
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the yogurt into the bottom of each of the jars or bowls.
- Next, add about 2 tablespoons of the mixed berries. Press the berries lightly into the yogurt.
- Then repeat the layers with another ¼ cup of the yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the mixed berries.
- Divide the remaining yogurt between the jars over the berries.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to one week.
- To serve, remove the lid or cover from the parfait and sprinkle about ¼ cup of granola over the top and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1 parfait
Calories: 287, Fat: 8.1g, Protein: 18.3g, Carbohydrates: 37.3g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sodium: 65mg
With everyone’s busy schedules, it’s great to have a quick ready to go, and healthy breakfast option. These parfaits can be made ahead of time and stored for one week in the refrigerator. Enjoy one for breakfast, snack or a healthy treat!